Saturday 8 April 2017

Art Journal Prompt - Week 14: Eastern Promise

Good Afternoon All.

This is going to be a relatively short post today as I don't have lots of in progress shots of the page so I am just going to talk through what I did.

This weeks prompt was Eastern Promise.  As soon as I saw that this was the prompt I immediately knew that there was a certain stamp set that I had to use to make the page.  It's one that I have had for ages but I think that it really covers the prompt well.  The stamp set contains a bridge over a river with some trees, which has a very traditional chinese feel to it.

Now the quote that I used for this particular piece I didn't find until after I had finished the majority of the page.  Nothing had come to me initially so while I was pondering how I could finish the page I took to Google.

The final quote I used was:


Life Is Really Simple But We Insist On Making It Complicated - Confucius


Materials:
Watercolour paper
Copper Miri
Chinese 12x12 scrapbook paper
Alcohol Markers
Surgical Spirit
Memento Black Ink Pad
Paper Flowers
DS Tape
Tacky Glue

I stamped the image onto the watercolour paper using the Memento ink as I knew that I wanted to use the markers and the surgical spirit to create a washy/dreamy look to the image.

Colour in the image using the alcohol markers and the surgical spirit (I filled an old waterbrush with the spirit to make it easier)

Tear the edges of the watercolour paper to a rough rectangle that is only slightly bigger that the stamped image, then mount on copper miri board using the DS tape.

Cut the 12x12 sheet to fit your journal page, then stick down your mounted image to the upper right of the page.

Cut a small 3x3" square from some tea stained paper and write your quote in it.

Mount the tea stained paper onto another piece of copper miri and stick in the middle left of the page.

Using a gold marker inscribe chinese characters along the bottom edge of your page to add interest.

Glue down the paper flowers in any of the open spaces including between the quote and the stamped image.

Any questions or comments please leave them below.

Good Bye Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment