Monday 30 January 2017

Hello and Welcome

Good Morning Everybody.

Welcome to this my inaugural posting to my Blog.  This is my first time doing anything like this so you will have to bear with me while I find my way around.

First of all I'd like to tell you a little about me and what this blog is all about and then I can get started on showing you some tutorials.

My name is Gareth, I'm a man (obviously) and I have been crafting now in some form or another for about 10 years.  I started off making beaded jewellery then progressed on to making cards, and from there its jumped to art journalling and mixed media projects.  My personal style is quite vintage distressed with plenty of grunge thrown in.  I do like to try and take account of other styles, so you will see a variety of different things as you follow this blog.

My hope is that I can show you some of the things that I have learned along my journey, and in some way inspire you to get up and create something.  I will be posting a mixture of step by step tutorials and pictures for things that I have created, and also directing you to people and tutorials who have inspired me.

I want this blog to be quite interactive so I'd love to see your comments as I write each post.  I want to know what you like and don't like so that I can evolve and not only make this a better blog, but grow and evolve as an artist.

One final thought before I leave this post:


IF YOU BELIEVE THEN YOU CAN DO IT

Never doubt that you can create something amazing, it just takes a little self belief.  I know because it took me a long time to believe in myself, and believe that my art was good enough.  I still have moments of doubt but then I look back on everything that I have done and how far I have come, and I believe again.

Good Bye Until Next Time

2 comments:

  1. Great to see your blog up and running. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and enjoy the blogging experience xx

    ReplyDelete