Sunday 5 March 2017

Wanderlust - February Round Up

Good Morning All

Here we are again, time for another month's roundup of Wanderlust.  There have been some really interesting classes this month, and different ways of looking at things.

If you haven't already signed up I would definitely encourage you to do so, there is plenty of time to catch up with the classes that you have missed so far.

I think it is time to move on and show you all what I have created this month.


This page was from week 5 and it was all about composition building and if focal points are necessary.  There are many different types of artist and types of art, not all of these need a focal point to be great works of art (as you will see with one of my later pieces).  We also learned about balancing our work by ensuring what was done to one side of the work must be done on the other side to create an equilibrium.


This was week 6's page, and was all about creating a love letter for someone that we cared about deeply.  We were introduced to a number of techniques including background composition and image transfer.  I enjoyed making this page as it really made me think about the layers in a project and how they can show through from one to the next or not.




These three pages were part of week 7 and they show the gradual progression from study through to a final art piece.

We had to study how nature looked, and see how it could be replicated in a simpler form using brush strokes.  The first page is a study in pen of what I could observe of the actual leaves and the patterns that they held.  The second is a study in acrylic ink trying to simplify the shapes yet still keep the look of nature.  The third and final page is my layered attempt at incorporating those simplified brush strokes and patterns into an abstract bouquet.

As you can see they are all very different pages, but I have enjoyed creating them all.  They are getting me to really think about my art and all the different styles that I can achieve.

That's all for this round up; any comments or questions leave them in the comments below.

Good Bye Until Next Time

1 comment:

  1. gareth, are you continuing with Wanderlust. I find I love the class but I am dissapointd with the communications. There is no where were everyone is able to have discussions of what they are doing and i find getting to the gallery frustrating. How about you?

    ReplyDelete